This is a little something that I learnt from Derek Halpern over at Social Triggers, you should check out his blog, it’s one of my favourites blogs right now.
So Derek posted about something called Tweetables, I’ve put it into action on my blog and the results you won’t believe! It’s early days, but I think this is going to be HUGE!
Remember this blog has been live for less than 3 weeks at the time of posting this, and the stats you are seeing are for 2 weeks of using tweetables!
I implimented this one technique called tweetables and here is the proof it works..
What is a tweetable you ask?
This Is A Tweetable And It Will Make Your Blog Rock! – TWEET THIS
Here are a few reasons why Tweetables are awesome…
- It’s a call to action right where it needs to be, in the content!
- You can create the call to action message to encourage the click.
- The message for each Tweetable can be different rather than generic across your blog.
- You control the message that gets tweeted (and that doesn’t need to be exactly the same as #2).
- You can use trackable links so you know how many times it was clicked.
- You can get tons more traffic by using su.pr URL shortners, all is explained in the video!
Go ahead, click on TWEET THIS above and see what it does. If you’re a blogging, tweeting, marketing, social media ass kicking geek like me, you’ll love this.. if you’re not.. try it anyway! :)
This is a live tweet that was generated when Hazel from www.seo-plus.co.uk hit one of my Tweetables! Thanks Hazel! :)
— Hazel Jarrett (@SEOPlusMore) July 11, 2012
Without further adue, if you do anything for the next 11 minutes and 49 seconds to grow your blog traffic, I suggest it’s watching this video…
Apologies for YouTube crushing the life out of my previously high quality video!
Please let me know what you think below in the comments. If you impliment this on your blog come back and post a link too! And go give Derek Halpern a shout on Twitter! www.twitter.com/derekhalpern